Pittsburg, KS 66762
The Instructor Candidate must:
- Currently have or obtain a provider card in the discipline(s) for which he or she is interested in teaching and be proficient in all skills
- Identify TCs accepting new instructors before enrolling in an instructor program (the TC hosting the course may not necessarily be the same as the primary designated TC); Instructor Essentials courses/TCs may be located at www.heart.org/cpr(opens new window)
- Complete an Instructor Candidate Application to be on file with the accepting primary TC
- Successfully complete the appropriate discipline-specific online Instructor Essentials course with a certificate of completion brought to the classroom for a hands-on session conducted by TF. (An Instructor Candidate Workbook may be secured from the TF or from the online Instructor Essentials course at eLearning.Heart.org (opens new window). Faculty may incorporate the cost of Instructor materials into the cost of the course, or the student may purchase materials separately from one of our authorized distributors)
- Meet all renewal requirements for instructor status renewal (they must teach the required minimum of 4 ILT or skills portions of a HeartCode course)
- For 100% HeartCode facilities, a skills test may satisfy the monitoring of the instructor
- Register on the AHAnstructorNetwork.org(opens new window) and be accepted and approved by their primary Training Center for issuance of their Instructor ID number from the Network, which must be used to issue course completion cards/ecards;
Note: The instructor card issued by the primary TC is valid for 2 years.
LIMIT 10 students! Will fill up fast!
Cost for the course do not include the course specific Instructor Manual (Part # 20-1103) This may be purchased at www.shopcpr.heart.org for $42.50.
Some materials will be e-mailed to you upon registration.
Contact Kenny for complete details.